Today is like another happier day in my life, because I went to the A*STAR science award ceremony =) I am really excited from what I have heard in the talks today, and about what I would probably be experiencing this year. WooooHooo ! I like my hair too =)
I made a couple of new friends too and got to be more familiar with my other friends too, which is a good thing. Maybe I have seen 5 red cars in a row today :) I met (those I knew) : Jonathan and Daniel, a pistol guy from ACS(I), Paraj (glimpse of him. I saw him during the national day celebrations at pasir ris last weekend too.) I sat beside rachel and andrea throughout the whole session.
We planned to reach the Biopolis by bus 74 today. It was quite packed at an hour about 1030. Then we had to stand and hold our blazers and shoes, stuff. etc. (or was it me only?) Then we passed clementi for a long while before we doubted ourselves if we had taken the correct bus.
I asked the bus conductor, but his replies were quite weird.
Because initially he said "after 2 stops is the buneo vista MRT station" and after 2 stops i enquired, and it is after another one stop. I asked him if he knows how to get to biopolis. he doesn't know what that is, and he asked me if we had to take a bus after that. I said maybe. Then he asked what number. Jeren said need to ask anymore and we can alight at this stop. I ended the conversation with the conductor by saying thanks. And alighted the bus.
we made our way to the matrix building. though we were late, people were still registering, so we are not too late :)
the rehearsal (x2) began early. and we had some photo taking rehearsal. I stood beside a girl called Andrea from Presbyterian High School. She's quite friendly and nice. And we hit it off.
We had a talk by the Chairman A*STAR - (he talked about his experience in the universities, research is a growing industry in Singapore, the kind of research students are doing, buildings and architecture, what it takes to be a researcher) a graduated and on scholarship student in Cambridge (P.S. doctor!), students (We all love Math and Science! : Absolutely - ), students again (their experience as awardees for last year.), performance (x2)(by indian and vietnamese scholars).
the food there was quite nice! You wouldnt get that in the Boarding school, yeah? jiaying donated her cauliflower to me. hahaha.
I feel inspired by today's happenings. Go for it, Wenying! A dream is a goal with a deadline.
I would be posting the pictures soon. Chows.
By the way, today's dinner, we had chicken rice. Ugly green vegetables(there were caterpillar bite marks on mine and black things. Looks like dirt.) which i dismissed after chewing off a couple of leaves. soup, with things like solid oil floating at the top and stir-fried yong tau foo, which is not so nice either. ... My lady's finger
By the way (number 2) Plants and Zombies seem to be a really popular game among teenagers. Its kinda lame, but its quite popular. The people behind Jeren were watching how his plants kill the zombies.. intently. o_O__o <- weird looks.
A while ago, I was looking at Kane's profile on facebook and his friend commented him singing the USSR anthem. So, I found the National Anthem of the USSR. And I think its rather cool because it sounds like english
I hear many 'lords' singing here and there. but I just don't understand it.
Oh, and I learnt something french today from Jeren R in french is pronounced like "*pig's snort* - Ghrrr" And G is J and J is G.
Watch the USSR national anthem. :)
Soy'ooz neroosh'imi resp'ooblik svob'odnikh Splot'ila nav'eki vel'ikaia Rus Da zdr'avstvooyet sozdanni voley nar'odov Yed'ini mog'oochi Sov'etski Soy'ooz
Sl'avsa ot'echestvo n'ashe svob'odnoye Dr'oojbi nar'odov nady'ojni opl'ot P'artia L'enina, - s'ila narodnaya Nas k torjestv'oo kommun'izma vedy'ot
Skvoz g'odi siy'alo nam s'ontse svob'oodi I L'enin vel'iki nam put ozar'il Na pr'avoye d'elo on p'odnal nar'odi na tr'ood i na p'odvigi nas vdokhnov'il
Sl'avsa ot'echestvo n'ashe svob'odnoye Dr'oojbi nar'odov nady'ojni opl'ot P'artia L'enina, - s'ila narodnaya Nas k torjestv'oo kommun'izma vedy'ot
V pob'ede bessm'ertnih idey kommoon'izma Mi v'idim grad'oosheye n'ashey strani I kr'asnomoo zn'ameni sl'avnoj otch'izni Mi b'oodem vsegd'a bezav'etno verni
Sl'avsa ot'echestvo n'ashe svob'odnoye Dr'oojbi nar'odov nady'ojni opl'ot P'artia L'enina, - s'ila narodnaya Nas k torjestv'oo kommun'izma vedy'ot
Unbreakable Union of freeborn Republics, Great Russia has welded forever to stand. Created in struggle by will of the people, United and mighty, our Soviet land!
Sing to the Motherland, home of the free, Bulwark of peoples in brotherhood strong. O Party of Lenin, the strength of the people, To Communism's triumph lead us on!
Through tempests the sunrays of freedom have cheered us, Along the new path where great Lenin did lead. To a righteous cause he raised up the peoples, Inspired them to labour and valorous deed.
Sing to the Motherland, home of the free, Bulwark of peoples in brotherhood strong. O Party of Lenin, the strength of the people, To Communism's triumph lead us on!
In the vict'ry of Communism's deathless ideal, We see the future of our dear land. And to her fluttering scarlet banner, Selflessly true we always shall stand!
Sing to the Motherland, home of the free, Bulwark of peoples in brotherhood strong. O Party of Lenin, the strength of the people, To Communism's triumph lead us on!