today, we had biology. Miss lee seem so fierce today D: The way she replies to my questions are like questioning me if i had learnt my chemistry concepts properly. Its so intimidating. For a while I felt like I'm breathing irregularly and my heart pumping faster. Works of the adrenaline - hypothalamus.
I'm so gonna grasp my concepts well and make sure I get the right answers. BET CHA.
I am the only student from my class that went for the IBN open house. Luckily 04 peeps like jiaying, janani, caroline and leonard(?) were going too. =)
IBN's infrastructure is definitely awesome. I gaped at the way the buildings are being built, with the bends, curves, sharp edges, double helical bridges. Its so artistic! It looks like im transported into some place in England. (Because in my imaginary, england is a place where campuses have a really nice big field, apple trees, glass panels, transparent buildings, sunny mornings, beautiful sunshine, nice artworks all over... ) If I work there in future, i'l be inspired by something everyday.
so, we missed lunch in school and so i shared lunch with jiaying when its 1/2 and hour till the introductory talk. janani and leonard bought not-so-filling eclairs but in the end, the three of them still shared a plate of spaghetti :p. can move around with an empty stomach right? and i shared U-mian with jia ying.
during the intorductory talk, the lecturer who claimed to be the first time talking to a massive audience turned out to be rather nervous from his body language :>. His talk was quite ok at the start, but till the middle it got rather dry and lengthy so I had to talk to my partner to stay awake.
We were put in group 6. I met a new friend, Joel from NUS high. she said her sister is in 406 and in canoeing. :]
we went around to visit the labs and the presentation made by the lecturers/researchers/phDs.
Key words to what we saw: 1) colonies flourescence gene specific action days reducing 2)mRNA and miRNA 3) pancreas islets gene specific 4) phospholipids - hydrophilic/phobic tails proteins fats 5) Uninteresting talk about nanotechnology 6) Kidneys 7) Contact lens (guy Kevin had the most entertaining presentation of all ive been to) 8) colour coding, running of the samples, molecular diagnostics! differentiation (I remember it because he asked me!) (guy daniel is an engaging presenter too. )
everything under their slides hadthe ' -confidential-' wordings. looking at it makes me feel so worthy to look at a confidential information. XD
and then I camwhored with jiaying and janani when we were about to head back to school.