Now that everything is finally over, i feel more at ease talking about it. It was organised by SSO and Dunman High, i suppose thats why we had to go there. From what my cher told me, there were about 300 participants in it and it would be a challenge to win something. But, my intention ofgoing there was to just gain more experience in such performance so that i wouldnt be that nervous in my exams. (BUT it didnt turn out the way i had expected for my exams, see below.)
So my repertoire was : Xue Shan Chun Xiao; and when it was my turn, i think i wasnt that anxious. Could be because i had listened to my psp before it was my turn, my sister's company, practice with my chers' fellow students.... but it turned out OK.
At first, i was told by my teacher that i havent got into the finals. then i felt moodless. and i tried to practice on the guzheng cos my exams are 5 days away but i didnt want to, so i read my email. Then, i saw an email letter congratulating me for another appearance in the finals for the competition. I was dumbfounded and felt stupid for being so disappointed in myself for not facing to my "failures".
Why should I be bothered so much if i do fail? I find that I wouldnt care more if I were younger, but as i grew older, i became more affected by such minor failures. I dont know if i would pick myself up and continue to perform better if i do fail. Also, I was also quite affected that sis didnt get into the finals,i was afraid.
Wenying shouldn't succumb to failures. Wenying should learn to be a stronger person.
And for my finals, i think i couldnt concentrate that well as compared to the preliminary round. but my cher said i did well. and finally i got second place in the secondary group. my teacher was overjoyed upon hearing the news, i wasnt too sure of my emotions. i think i felt happy also, numb.
#2 Guzheng G8 Exam
Exams were definitely much important than the competition. But i sucked during the exams! HAHA. It was held at NAFA :) The weird part about it was that there were more people judging me,like 7? in the comp as compared to the exam,1. I felt much nervous, and i dont know why. I did practice a lot for it too. i screwed up my second piece ! and for the last piece, i regained my composure, so quite ok. I bursted as i came out of the exam room. Glad to know that i passed my eighth grade. I must learn to stand when i fall, and not be afraid of falling.
#3 Shooting Camp
Shooting camp was quite alright. My other fellow Sec 2's planned for it and i wasnt involved. I went for shooting camp right after my Guzheng Exams. Was quite bored at the times when i didnt know what they were doing and waiting or free time. BUT BUT, lucky i had my shooting buddies with me. HEHE.
great people :) I enjoyed myself most in the 7x7 game. I still remembered the expressions of shawn and khee ern when i owned them at the same time! they spread their legs out the same way and had this shocked face :D Sing-a-long was quite fun too cos everyone held hands and ran around in circles. Also, i made people eat the weird cracker i bought. It was the caramel cracked but SODA flavoured. There wasnt any taste of caramel and as the packaging was green, i thought it was green tea instead. felt so cheated after i bought it. I like the immortal game too. egg-chicken-LAOYING-man-superman-immortal!
I AM AN IMMORTAL!
#4 Marina Barrage the sky was overcast the other day when we went there. The barrage was an amazing architecture. the buildings were rather cool :D enjoyed myself alot playing with sis at the water play area designated. we were like the biggest of littlest kids. HAHA !
#5 S-Teens Camp (lovelovelove)
This is the most enjoyable and educational camp I've attended so far. I made myself tons of friends. Of which, many i will never forget. It was memorable. I saw many beautiful people there, i see myself as a beautiful girl.
We practically learnt in every single minute of the camp. Slept for 5 hours on the first day, 4 on the second, 3 on the third, 2 on the second and 11 hours on the last(i went home to sleep). Learnt many study techniques, my goal in life, teamwork, motivation, COE, friendship, sisterhood.
We were scolded. the scoldings really woke me up. i cried a lot and i gotta be stronger.
If life was ever smooth-sailing and tasted so sweet, i would have never known the true meaning of happiness and satisfaction. Everybody has their ups and downs in life, and each's fate will indirectly depend on how they learn to deal with their downs and learn to be humble from their ups. I think life is like the tongue it has got to taste the sweet,bitter,sour,spices of it. If you are scared or refuse to taste it, then you will never be exposed to it and if you taste it suddenly, you might be to overwhelmed by the unappealing taste of such a food. Even a kid has to learn to stand after they fall and cry. crying may soothe the soul a little, but after a while you have to learn that crying helps nothing and you would have to direct that energy to something of greater importance.
haha, i think it a rather long post i've ever posted. i suppose im gona dwl pictures on facebk. expecting visitors now, gtg. tatas :) wenying.